Sant Martí's Church

Dating originally from the 12th century, this Romanesque chur­ch became the chapel of the Estudi General University in 1300 and the place where the most important academic events we­re held. It was converted into a barracks in 1648, during the Se­gadors Peasant Revolt, and was used as a municipal prison in the 19th century. In 1893, Bishop Messeguer Costa ordered its restoration as a church. Now, ­se­ve­ral cultural activities are ce­le­bra­ted.

Contact

Del Rei Street
www.bisbatlleida.org

Opening Time

Closed to the public

Partners

Ciutats amb caràcter Moturisme Interreg Poctefa Inno4agro